www-community mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Consulting rates
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:44:35 GMT
On 11/8/10 8:05 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Rich Bowen<rbowen@rcbowen.com>  wrote:
>> I've been asked to take a little consulting job, and inevitably the "what do
>> you charge" question came around. I have not even the vaguest idea. Can
>> someone give me a feel for what the ballpark is these days? (Eastern USA, if
>> it matters.)
> Rough rule of thumb is to take your salary (or preferred salary),
> convert it to an hourly rate, then double it.
We were doing a similar computation in the company I was working for 10
years ago :
take your monthly salary (including taxes, etc), divide it by 10, add
30%. You get a daily rate.

This was the amount we charged our customers for contractors we
provided. (of course, we kept a part of this amount, around 20%, so the
contractor take only 80% of this amount)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,