www-community mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject List etiquette on job postings (Was: Job Posting: ...)
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:52:28 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:05 PM, David Matheson <dmatheson@splitrock.us> wrote:
> I would appreciate any inquiries from individuals who would be interested in
> exploring further this job opportunity.

I believe the general policy among many (most?) Apache projects is to
discourage such job postings unless explicitly allowed in a per-list
etiquette document. If you're unsure about the policy of a particular
list, it's best to ask before posting a job offer.

I'm not sure if the jobs@apache.org list still exists (couldn't find a
mention of it on www.apache.org). If it does, it's a place where all
Apache-related job postings are explicitly welcomed.

That said, if people are interested in this particular offer, please
contact David directly instead of through this list.

BR,

Jukka Zitting