www-community mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Forking is a Feature" reactions?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:21:29 GMT
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 Jeff Hammerbacher <hammer@cloudera.com> wrote:
> I'd love to hear the reactions of other ASF members to the piece. I'd
> also love to be directed to previous discussions on the topic, as I
> know that adopting git for some projects has been discussed
> previously.

IIRC there should be some discussions on the archive of the infra and
community mailing lists that were caused back when the read-only git
mirrors were set-up.

However I agree it would be nice to have one page that summarises the
results of these discussions - especially the problems that various
people saw. That way re-checking from time to time whether these
might be resolvable by additional tooling or a use of git different
from how it was discussed on the lists becomes easier.

Isabel