www-community mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disappointed
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:07:34 GMT
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Tetsuya Kitahata <tetsuya@apache.org> wrote:
>> > My patience (and I suspect others') is crumbling and I consider this to be
>> > unsolicited spam.
>>
>> When I saw your comment, I really regret to become the first
>> individual sponsor (http://an.to/asf = http://web.archive.org/web/20080215064826/http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html)
>> of the Apache Software Foundation.
>>
>> God bless you.
>
> My patience also BROW UP.
>
> Plus, I thought that I SHOULD do all of the activities of PRC/Treasury etc.
> under the control of mine as the time of Sponsor [Bronze]. / including the
> usage and rules of this mailing list.
>
> Really now regretting.

Tetsuya,

please do not take this the wrong way, as this is just advice coming
from someone who admired your efforts and willingness to help a while
ago. You did good to Apache in a number of ways, and I'm personally
grateful for all you did, but I believe the time is come to get the
record straight. So:

- I am a non-native speaker just as you are, so I know how it feels to
be unable to express myself exactly as I would like to. Yet, my first
piece of advice would be to brush up your English skills. Yes, it's
not fair that a good command of English is required to participate to
an open community such as Apache, but this is just the way it is over
here. I am afraid that most of the issues we are experiencing are due
to language barriers and cultural clashes: this is unfortunate, yet
it's not going away until you demonstrate some proficiency in the
language.

- this has been debated already, but just to reiterate: no, your
sponsorship (and no sponsorship, whatever the amount) does not give
you any right to either suggest what Apache should be doing or have a
say in how we spend sponsorship money. You should sponsor Apache
because you like what we do and you want us to continue - if that's
not the case, you should just withdraw and move on. As a sponsor, we
are thankful to you, but that's all. And, in case you want to see how
we spend our money, know that everything is public and published on
the website: that information should be more than enough for you to
make an informed decision.

- Mark does have a few valid points, and I urge you to address them ASAP.

Have fun,

--
Gianugo