www-community mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Topic-based mailing lists
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:06:19 GMT

On Mar 29, 2009, at 17:23, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the ApacheCon we discussed about introducing some generic
> topic-based mailing lists at Apache. Currently inter-project
> cooperation is a bit difficult as joining another dev@ or user@
> mailing list can be a pretty overwhelming experience due to the heavy
> volume of project-specific discussion. To avoid this problem we could
> introduce some generic mailing lists that cover technologies or other
> topics that are of interest to multiple Apache projects. Such lists
> could be osgi-interest@, http-interest@, xml-interest@,
> rest-interest@, jcr-interest@, build-interest@, etc. Whatever topic
> where two more projects have a shared interest and believe that they
> could benefit from a low volume forum where they could coordinate
> their efforts and exchange experience and code.
>
> WDYT?

I think "try it and see". File a ticket, get a list made, and see if
it survives or if it dies. If it survives, great, it was useful. If it
dies, well, no great effort was expended in making the list.

--
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate,
because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he