www-community mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <jerem...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open Expo Zürich Booth [Re: Call for Participation for OpenExpo 2008 ...]
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:34:55 GMT
Yeah, right. "run" is probably the wrong word. I've changed it to "has"
for the moment for the lack of a better phrasing. I don't think we need
to explain in such a brochure what the arrangements between the ASF and
the producer are. It's "our conference" at any rate. That's what I like
to express there. I'll gladly improve further if anyone has a proposal.
Thanks, Filip!

Bernd, would you still be available to create a German translation of
the brochure? I know it's on short notice by now. You could simply make
a copy of http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/asf/asf-brochure-en.xml and
I can publish the stylesheets and resources to produce the PDF.
Otherwise, I'll give it a try tomorrow or during the weekend.

On 18.09.2008 01:32:58 Filip at Apache wrote:
> great looking brochure. the one thing I would change, is the ApacheCon
> piece, the ASF doesn't run the ApacheCon.
> hopefully someone from the ApacheCon committee can fill in how we select
> a vendor for ApacheCon
>
> Filip
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I had the flu and was quite busy otherwise lately, but finally I have a
> > first version of the ASF brochure which I'd like some feedback on (and
> > pointers to any typos I may have made). I've had to come up with some
> > text on my own to fit everything in the cramped space. Since I'm not
> > natively English speaking, there's a good chance that there's some
> > suboptimal text in places. Other text I have copied from our website.
> > I'm open for any comments. The goal is to have it ready by the end of
> > the week so there's still a chance to print a few sheets for OpenExpo
> > next week.
> >
> > I ended up doing this in XSL with FOP. Sadly, Scribus only got in my way
> > but FOP was very cooperative. ;-)
> >
> > PDF: http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/asf/asf-brochure-en-up.pdf
> > XML Source: http://people.apache.org/~jeremias/asf/asf-brochure-en.xml
> >
> > BTW, does anybody who is planning to come to OpenExpo on Wednesday have
> > access to a decent color laser that he/she could print the brochures on
> > once the thing is ready? I assume we probably don't need more than 30-40
> > pieces (although I can always be wrong about that).
> >
> > On 02.09.2008 08:49:31 berndf wrote:
> > <snip/>

> >> Yes, great idea. I could do the translation to German, no problem.
> >>
> >>    Bernd
> >>

> > Thanks!
> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki