www-community mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <jerem...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open Expo Zürich Booth [Re: Call for Participation for OpenExpo 2008 ...]
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:15:43 GMT
On 22.08.2008 08:57:05 Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:38 PM, berndf <berndf@apache.org> wrote:
> > Jeremias Maerki wrote:

So I

> >> I think it's a good idea to just place the proposals. We can
> >> additionally coordinate in some form.

> >> I've asked Mattias Stürmer how openexpo.de and openexpo.ch relate to
> >> each other. I'll let you know.

> >> Good idea! I did that last time, too. Only got the FOP talk accepted,
> >> though. But if we can create enough weight (maybe to the point to have
> >> an Apache track), that should become easier. I think it's extremely
> >> important to tell the people there how the ASF works.

> >> The ASF booth is no problem. We simply have to request it. More of a
> >> problem is some PR-materiel. I've got a big poster on FOP [1]. Some
> >> eye-catcher materiel for the ASF as such would be good to have, too.
> >>
> >> [1] http://jeremias-maerki.ch/download/fop/fop-poster.pdf
> >
> > I am able to help out at booth on the 25th.
> >
> > Would be cool to have a large poster with a big ASF logo and maybe all
> > projects listed. I am not experienced with posters. What does it take to
> > make one (sizes etc.) if we don't already have one?

As part of the booth arrangement, we get one poster (A2 sized) printed
that we can put up on the small wall at the booth (not great quality but
my FOP poster [1] isn't, either). See [2] for what it looked like last
time in Berne. I'm planning to get creative next week (provided we don't
already have something around which I don't assume).

[1] http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/download/fop/fop-poster.pdf
[2] http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/blog/2008/03/14/openexpo-in-berne-was-great/

> If there are Apache related talks at the conference,

There are.

> make sure to
> include these on whatever material is created at a booth. I think
> that's a highly valuable thing to be doing.
>
> Even if it's just a case of printing up some items on b+w paper. Which
> talks/bofs to goto is a good call-to-action for a booth.

Good idea!

> I'd also be tempted to have a sign-in sheet/poster/something for
> Apache people who show up. If you're an Apache committer, put your
> name here.

I'll prepare that. Sounds like fun!

Jeremias Maerki