www-community mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject ApacheCon Evolution/Revolution
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:16:34 GMT

So, as you can imagine, there are always a lot of ideas being tossed
around on how we can improve ApacheCon.  Ideas ranging from evolution
(have 2 day trainings) to revolution (scrap the whole thing and do
barcamps!).

In an effort to better collect these ideas, I and a few other planners
have started collecting thoughts on the ApacheCon wiki:

  http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheConBrainStorm

The idea is to improve the thoughts on this page to the point that
some of them can be seriously considered and (hopefully) implemented.
It is difficult to implement a proposal that is stretched along a 100+
email thread, so that's why I suggest using the wiki.  I don't want to
discourage discussion on the mailing lists, but I would like to see
the results of the discussion presented in a clear manner on some
document.

So please offer up your thoughts, criticism and suggestions.  Note
that this email is going out to both members@ and community@ in an
effort to reach everyone.

Thanks!

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905