www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Java Service Wrapper
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:44:42 GMT
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Raises the question of whether anyone has needed the
> > improvements/bugfixes/whatever in the later GPL versions, and whether
> > we should consider forking the old version.

> As [(http://commons.apache.org/daemon/ has] most of the features in ASF,
> shouldn't we try to use daemon instead the Java Service Wrapper?

Yes.  We should be promoting it instead, and calling for projects to drop
the Java Service Wrapper.  And there is now good reason, as Henri suggested,
to consider forking the previously acceptably licensed version of Wrapper,
or at least look at incorporating parts of it into daemon to complete the
feature set.

	--- Noel