www-community mailing list archives

From David Reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Hackathon T-Shirt Design Contest
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:29:46 GMT
It's that time of the year again. ApacheCon US takes place in Atlanta,
Georgia between Nov 12-16th. The format is the same as usual and so the
first two days will see the ASF Hackathon[1] taking place.

The event will be open to all and more details about it will be coming
next month, but one aspect that needs immediate attention is the t-shirt!

As in previous years the t-shirt will only be created to order and will
feature a unique design. We're not asking people to place orders yet
(without having seen the design) - but we are asking for people to think
about possible t-shirt designs!

(If your company or organisation is interested in sponsoring t-shirts
for the hackathon, get in touch with me directly as soon as possible.)

For those of you with artistic abilities, why not have a go at creating
a design and submitting it? There isn't a monetary reward for designing
the t-shirt, but public acknowledgment and the thrill of seeing your
design being worn at ApacheCon US await the winner! The last few designs
have been created by the conference organisers, but that option is not
available to us this year.

Your designs should be emailed to me (dreid at apache dot org) by
midnight UTC 31st August 2007 for consideration. Entries should be in
JPEG or PNG format. The winner will be chosen by a group of members (yet
to be decided) and the conference organisers.

david

1 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon