www-community mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Community Guidelines (was Code of Conduct)
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 02:43:02 GMT

Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> writes:

> I keep being surprised at the vehemence of feelings against writing
> down any sort of documentation that's non-technical...

I didn't mean to suggest that I oppose any of the work that Ted, you
or anyone else has done to document the fuzzy side of Apache.  In
fact, the opposite is true.  I think having good "How to contribute"
and "This is how we do things and why" documents is critical.

My concern is only when such documents become additional rules or
bylaws and individuals start linking to them in their emails as
justification for why someone has or has not done their duty.  Maybe
I'm just being picky and overly cautious.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905