www-community mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Grassroots PR
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 02:28:54 GMT
> Ted Husted wrote:
>
> > Perhaps it's time [we] encourage development of a Roller zone where
> > our PMC's can post easy-to-aggregate announcement blogs. These
> > would not be individual blogs as we have on PlanetApache.org, but PMC
> > blogs that would focus solely on project news.
>
> +1  I made this suggestion to you and Dave at ApacheCon San Diego.

I don't know if it's wanted, but featheredblogs.org is about to
expire. I stopped being able to run Java on the shoddy excuse for a
server that Godaddy provide, so had to turn the Roller instance the
Commons blog was on. I think the idea is good, but we didn't use it
much.

We did:

Release Announcements
Mock interviews - basically descriptions of components
Tips

Hen