www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: End user code contributions to asf wikis
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:50:11 GMT
On 4/28/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 05:08:02PM -0400, Henri Yandell wrote:
> > >the handy feature that it prompts the uploader to check a box that
> > >grants license to the ASF. The wiki has nothing like that.
> >
> > However, neither does Bugzilla. If the Jira upload box is legally
> > necessary, we have much bigger problems than the wiki example.
>
> I think section 5 of the ASL2 takes care of both. If that isn't the
> case, it'd be nice to find out :)

I'm not sure section 5 applies. It doesn't appear to be submitted for
inclusion in the work.

My concern would be that some other derby-user could come along and
grab this code and then, say, be sued by the employer of the person
that posted it for using their unlicensed, copyrighted code - however
unlikely that may be. (very)

But IANAL and maybe Henri's right. Maybe it's too little to worry
about and he did post it to a public forum.

andrew