www-community mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject [OFFLIST] Re: Apache workshop at the II Open Source World Conference
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:35:58 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a friend of mine is involved in the organization of the II Open Source
> World Conference in Malaga, Spain, on 15th, 16th and 17th of February
> 2006.
>
> http://www.opensourceworldconference.com/malaga06/en/modules/wiwimod/

As a recently appointed Member I would love to do something for this
conference. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

As an idea for a workshop, I notice that one of the topics of the
conference is:

"The Free and Opensource Software as a key instrument in education and
digital integration: tool, driving force of change and vector of ideas."

As you know I have an education background and have, in the past, been
funded by IBM to develop Open Source software for the education sector.
That project is still ongoing (although very sleepy right now). Of
course, it is Forrest based.

I could do something along the lines of a review of good projects for
Education and Integration, or if something more practicle is required I
could do OSS software and tools for the reuse of existing materials in
an educational environment. Or.... (open to discussion)

I seem to remember I owe you some beers (its in the IRC logs somewhere),
maybe this is the time for you to claim those beers.

Ross