www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Netiquette: Is there an issue, and can we make the ASF more welcoming?
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:16:38 GMT
There has been quite a bit of discussion around the ASF, not always on open
lists, to the effect that sometimes people are turned off or scared off from
participation, whether in a discussion, project or the ASF as a whole.

The purpose for this message is to start a thread discussion the matter.

  - Is there an issue?
  - If so, how can we address it?

As a point of reference, this week alone, I have seen at least a half dozen
instances of people getting personally upset during correspondence on ASF
lists.

	--- Noel