www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject JIRA and Bugzilla [Was: Wikis for Geeks]
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 20:01:07 GMT
El jue, 05-05-2005 a las 16:11 -0400, Ted Husted escribió:
> When you hook up Confluence with JIRA and Subversion, things start to
> get very, very tasty.

Am I the only one that is worried because both JIRA and Bugzilla are
dark matter WRT search engines?

I mean, it used to be easy to find information about bugs in mail lists,
but now, with so called bug-tracking systems, it is more and more
difficult. I'd call them both bug-hiding systems.

Any way to make the information there indexable by search engines?

We are repeating the errors that Sun and Microsoft are doing, i.e.,
making difficult to find solutions to problems. For instance, the java
bug tracking is one of the most difficult places in the world to find
relevant information, only Microsoft DN is more difficult (I was
forgetting HP tech info for printers).

Regards (from one that hates bug tracking systems)
--
Santiago Gala <sgala@hisitech.com>
High Sierra Technology, SLU