www-community mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Happy Birthday, we are 10
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:55:49 GMT
10 years ago today, the Apache Group decloaked with the creation
of the new-httpd archive and initial accounts on hyperreal.org.
I had the lucky timing of having the first message archived on
the list, though we had actually been talking about what to do
for at least a week before that (sadly, without any archives).

Thanks to everyone for making Apache possible and for continuing
these efforts today.  I wish I had time to wax historical for a
bit and talk about all the great things that happened along the
way, but I have to rush out for another flight (to Boston).
In any case, I am extremely proud of what we have accomplished
and very grateful to have met so many friends along the way.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                            <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Chief Scientist, Day Software              <http://www.day.com/>