www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Avalon Closed
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:10:40 GMT
> the only ones who really got hurt were the Avalon users,
> and the ASF establishment have already declared that
> they are not important.

With the exception of Phoenix, which evolved externally as Loom, and Merlin,
which decided to move away from the ASF, all of the Avalon code is still
under ASF management in the Excalibur project.  In effect, Avalon was
renamed Excalibur, and the two container factions that chose not to
participate with everyone else have left for pastures that permit such
behavior.

Coincidentally, I came across yet another embedded use of Avalon this week.
Avalon is embedded in one of the third party portlets included with the IBM
WebSphere Portal Server.

	--- Noel