www-community mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Avalon Closed
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:00:40 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Smoke and Mirrors  -  isn't there a passage in the New Testament with
> something about sin and stones ? And it's amazing how high the political ....
> can stack without smell. But, anyway, that is history so let's move on with
> our lives - after all, the only ones who really got hurt were the Avalon
> users, and the ASF establishment have already declared that they are not
> important.

I've tried to stay out of this thread(s), but I just have to say, "give
me a break."  James was one of Avalon's most visible users, and I simply
cannot stand to hear someone from Avalon criticize the ASF establishment
about the treatment of Avalon users.

Avalon tried to do something huge and revolutionary at the time, had
plenty of good intentions, mix of results, mix of personalities,
changing visions, changing goals.  It's a long, complicated story.

But nobody in this matter (inside or outside Avalon) had bad intentions,
and don't for a minute act like you did while others didn't.  Give me a
break.  (IMHO, Aaron did a fantastic job dealing with a challenging
situation.)

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501