www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Florida election shenanigans caught on tape
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:08:50 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> The only result (if proved true) is the complete loss of faith
> in any form of electronic voting by the general public for at
> least the next 20 years.

You're kidding, right?  Is there anyone here who has faith in unauditable
systems?  Electronic voting, at least as "practiced" here in the USA, is a
farce, and a disaster either waiting to happen, or already happening.  And
this story isn't even strictly about electronic voting.  It is about the
deliberate destruction of whatever audit records do exist to validate the
results of an election.  I am in favor of any (legal) cluestick large enough
to embarrass State and Federal gov'ts into sufficient action to ensure that
the results of elections are what the public actually voted.

	--- Noel