www-community mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Open Source, Cold Shoulder (fwd)
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 05:11:25 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Comments?  Is there anything the community thinks we could do to address
> the situation?

Try to encourage sensible writing?

I mean, it'd be cool if there were more women in open source, but the
whole idea that open source should rely less on clue and stop being
about writing code is just completely dim.

BTW, isn't it amusing that as soon as you see "FLOSS" you can be 99%
sure that what follows is going to be clueless or irrelevant? Or
probably both.

BTW, supporting this whole argument with a discussion about women in
computer science is even more daft. Their own quote sums it up:
"Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope". Well, wake up and smell the coffee, boys and
girls, open source is _all about_ computers.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
ApacheCon! 13-17 November! http://www.apachecon.com/