www-community mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Open Source, Cold Shoulder (fwd)
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:35:45 GMT
On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:44, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> In the end, the majority of the 99% must adjust to the 1% of idiots.

Hmmm.... At a 2 magnitude superiority in manpower, the majority is unable to
keep them in check, and weed them out? Is that a matter of lack of tools, or
doesn't the majority care?
You mention grafitti as an example; The punks can do it undetected + it is
more effort to remove than put up. Would they bother if it is fixed by the
press of a button, when 'anyone' sees it (i.e. good tools)?

Well, maybe I am living in a dream world and there are more idiots out there
than I think. Maybe you shouldn't tell me, I might get a trauma from getting
out of my disillusion.

> But please, stop talking about things that you obviously have never
> tried out or at least not tried out on a marginally successful project.

I am amazed at your logic :o), I truly am.
But asking me to stop questioning the status quo, what is the purpose of that?

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /