www-community mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: IDE licenses
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 05:13:56 GMT

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Felipe Leme wrote:

> - some people said MyEclipseIDE  (MEIDE, for short) is not necessary, as
> there are OSS-equivalent tools for all its tasks. I used to think so

I know it's gone over to PRC, but one question I'd like to ask is what
MyEclipseIDE gives Apache developers.

Originally it mainly seemed to sell itself as having an excellent tool for
using Struts, plus some nice JSP editing. Looking at the much larger
feature list on their side, there's definitely more there now, but does
any of it really help with the development of Apache products?

I don't know of Apache projects using Struts, EJBs, Hibernate, JSF;
instead we create these systems.

Hen