www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Community Worldwide -- again
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:53:35 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

>Had some time between flights:
>
>  http://apache-globe.asemantics.org/
>
>Do a 'view source' to get the 'trick' so to speak. I'd love suggestions as
>to hwo you can make the committer name etc appear. Right nwo I am linking
>in the URLs. If you need anything more - let me know. Or I am happy to
>move this to ASF hardware and/or have a diffrent URL mapped onto it. It
>-does- however require a not entirely trivial infrastructure for the geo
>correction, cloudmaps etc.

adding a title="plainName" attribute to the area should do

I imagine that if areas are defined additionally (like Europe, East
Coast, etc.) the browser would do "the right thing" (TM) and allow us
to click straight into sparse people or get a zoomed area clicking in
the outside. Those areas would carry a title="Zoom to Europe", etc.
But I never tested it.

I think a RDF/FOAF file with all the information would be easier to
script, and more general than the current one (in particular to allow
lists or active people (commits, blogs, etc.). (Or learning myself WMS)

That looks again an interesting hack-a-thon project.

Regards
Santiago