www-community mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject OBJECTWEBCON05 : Call for Proposals
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:59:03 GMT
This is the call for proposals by the ObjectWeb consortium for their
annual conference.  The deadline for proposals has been extended, so I
encourage anyone that could possibly make the conference to submit.
Brian Behlendorf will be the keynote speaker :)

ObjectWeb as a community makes a great effort to collaborate with us
and other open source groups to make good software widely available.
I'd like to see us give them as much support as we can.

                    ------------------

       ObjectWeb Annual Conference, 4TH EDITION
                    Lyon, France
                    January 17-19, 2005

        http://www.objectweb.org/ObjectWebCon05

       SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 15th, 2004

  ObjectWebCon05, the next ObjectWeb annual conference will take place
in Lyon, France on January 17-19, 2005.

  As the ObjectWeb consortium becomes an important player in open source
infrastructure software for the industry, its annual conference grows
and strengthens as unique opportunity for professionals to discover,
learn and exchange on middleware and open source software. As an
experienced professional of the domain, you are invited to submit
proposals for sessions of the conference.

  Submissions should be made online before September 15th 2004 at
http://wiki.objectweb.org/ObjectWebCon05/CallForProposals.jsp

  More information on the CFP may be found below.
  We are looking forward to reading your proposals,

  Best regards,

  The ObjectWebCon05 Program Committee

  Please freely distribute this call to interested colleagues and
friends.
  If you have questions regarding the Call for Proposals, please contact
ObjectWebCon05-contact@objectweb.org.

  The ObjectWebCon05 program committee is seeking to receiving proposal
for technical sessions (30 minutes).

  Topics of interest include but are not restricted to:

  * user experience, best practices, case studies related to ObjectWeb
projects or other open-source infrastructure software
  * commercial offers, services and business models related to
open-source middleware
  * open-source middleware projects, open-source communities / .orgs
  * technical presentation of middleware research topics / R&D projects
  * ObjectWeb project hot topics (restricted to ObjectWeb contributors)

  Guideline to submit:
  -------------------

  * The title of the presentation.
  * A brief outline or abstract of the presentation (not to exceed 400
words).
  * For each speaker, the speaker name, title, company, professional
street and email addresses, phone and fax numbers. Addresses, phone and
fax numbers are for organization purposes only and will not be
distributed to third parties without prior agreement.
  * A short biography of the proposed speaker(s) showing relevant
experience and qualification to speak on the proposed subject matter
(not to exceed 300 words).

  Submissions should be written in English, tutorials and presentations
are to be given in English.

  Important dates:

  * Abstract due: September 15th 2004
  * Notification: starting October 15th 2004