www-community mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Style of community building
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:14:21 GMT
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 20:27, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > Rightly or wrongly so, the tone of "competition" in Avalon was set well
> > before the emergence of Merlin. That was bad. So now the train was
> > moving, and noone pulled the breaks, not any individual, not the PMC, not
> > the PMC Chair, not the community, not the Board - noone. That was also
> > bad.
>
> I can't fix the past, but...
>
> Sam reaches for brakes.
>
> Sam grasps brakes.
>
> Sam pulls.

That (whatever the pull symbolizes) should have been done 18-24 months ago :o)

Hindsight is easy, and I am not sure whether your intention is to punish parts
(not all) of those who made it happen, plus some people who hasn't been
involved (for instance commercial users).

Did my suggestion reach you at all, or is it considered, what Ken refers to
as, a "hand wave" ?

Cheers
Niclas
--