www-community mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Playboy mirror logo?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:37:25 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>I am talking purely about the technical issue of people being
>>unable to download the software from mirrors.playboy.com.  I
>>am not talking about the logo/link to playboyenterprises.com.
>

> Would a mirrors.playboyenterprises.com domain be less technically
> problematic?  Is that also widely blocked, or just *.playboy.com?

why should we force a dontator to change their domain for us?

If we want to take his bandwidth, we should be willing to take his
domain/logo as well.

off-topic..
we could always create a set of DNS names which we use to refer to our
mirrors like kde

mirror.au.apache.org or something which just does a round robin on
available mirrors in the 'au' region.. that the downloader only sees
a 'apache' domain. but this would should be a 'global' change.. not just
for the mirrors some people don't like.

--Ian