www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Policy (Was: Playboy mirror logo?)
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:21:01 GMT

So let me put in my 5 cents into policy II:

->	Any company willing too mirror us can do so and can
 	have their logo+link handled.

->	Any submissions meeting the 3 mechanical goals below
 	will be swiftly handled and added.

Provided that

  ->	They mirror us faithfully (*)

 ->	They have enough bandwidth (*)

 ->	They do it reliable enouhg (*)

 	*: Substitute some mechanical numbers which are
 	published and regularly measured.

and provided that there is a disclaimer right under the link
and the logo which says:

	The Apache Software Foundation has accepted the
	services offered by this mirror in good faith. We
	urge our users to verify the md5 and pgp signatures.

	Secondly we are in no way responsible for this mirror,
	nor are weaffiliated with it, so this pointer should not be seen
	as as endorsement of this particilar mirror, its owners,
	or their views on live, the universe and everything else.

:)

DW