www-community mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Policy (Was: Playboy mirror logo?)
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:34:55 GMT
Le 25 août 04, à 15:53, Sam Ruby a écrit :
> ...What Jim meant when he said that is that people should STOP saying
> things like "I am begging you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "God help us all.",
> and START making concrete suggestions on how the policy itself should
> change...

So how about:
a) In principle, only logos from IT-related [1] entities are accepted

b) Logos from other entities might be accepted if a vote among ASF
members is more than X percent positive (suggest 80%)

In this way, the basic rule is simple and we still allow exceptions
when they make sense to a large majority of the ASF members.

WDYT?

-Bertrand

[1] for example: IT companies, other open-source projects,
universities, ISPs, gov agencies, etc.