www-community mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: failure notice
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 00:54:19 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

> Aye. Thanks a ton. By the way, can I suggest it that --
> if your team (infrastructure team) would have conducted
> *critical* infrastructural affairs,
> could you please use "committers@apache.org" mailing list
> to notify those "changes"?
>
> infrastructure@ is closed list and community@ (and committers@)
> are open lists. -- so, for the better communications, can I propose
> this?

infrastructure@ is an open list as far as I can tell. I'm subscribed and
am a committer like yourself.

That said, it would be nice to have some form of outward communication on
the various admin things. Yet another painful thing for the admins to have
to juggle, but nice for those of us out here on the fringe.

One example is the massive spam improvements. The amount of spam coming
into my moderator queues dived and I spent a little while wondering what
was up with my email server :) Fortunately I listen to infrastructure and
after a while someone mentioned that spamassassin was in place and taking
care of much.

Unsure what the best medium would be. A weekly 'infrastructure notes'
email?

Hen