www-community mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Inexpensive Lists (was: Re: Python anybody?)
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:20:02 GMT
This discussion, and a recent comment about the new
dev@continuation.codehaus.org have had me thinking about ASF
infrastructure, etc.

The question was asked "why start discussion about continuations in the
JVM on a codehaus list when most of the people initially involved are
ASF'ers, etc?"

The answer was that the list was made the moment it was needed. It
*could* be created the moment it was needed.

If several ASF'ers want a python-discuss@apache.org it shouldn't even
be a discussion, it should just be done. An additional mailing list
will add minimal overhead to infrastructure, may die out later (ll1
comes to mind as a prime non-ASF example) but that is irrelevant -- it
can be killed then, and would open further discussion now.

I suspect that if 3 ASF'ers want to discuss a topic via email, and
think a mailing list would help, there should be a mechanism to simply
have it created, bang. Just my 2 cents =)

-Brian