www-community mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inexpensive Lists
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:45:23 GMT

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Again, a list is fine.  I'd just prefer to find someone else to host it:
> the ASF isn't the end-all-be-all to all of your hosting needs.  And,
> obviously, feel free to invite all of the ASF folks to that list.  --

Apart from the fact that you have put much more energy in talking
against this than creating the list (hint hint ;-) ...

This reasoning it the one that makes Apache committers start projects at
codehaus for example, where these things are not discussed to death but
just done.

People need more than just a dev list for a specific project to nuture
aspirations and ideas. If we fail to give this, we will steadily loose
involvment.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -