www-community mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we have a "jobs list"?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:44:07 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Would that make the PMCs responsible if something went haywire?
> If so, yikes.
>
> Even so, i cannot see that as sustainable. How would the PMCs
> find the energy to verify that jobs were legitimate?

Why can't the PMC be responsible if the committers are the one the
place the stuff (I see that all 'content' goes into CVS/SVN).

Ultimately, if the PMC/committers doesn't feel the Company listing is
'honorable' and 'legit', it is plainly refused. No need for fair play.

Same for 'looking for jobs' or 'contractor available'. It is a guide,
and can be dealt by the PMC at their own discretion. If they think it
is not worth it, just don't participate and keep their 'segment' in
the CVS/SVN empty.

Cheers
Niclas