www-community mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we have a "jobs list"?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:58:07 GMT

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Would that make the PMCs responsible if something went haywire?
>> If so, yikes.
>>
>> Even so, i cannot see that as sustainable. How would the PMCs
>> find the energy to verify that jobs were legitimate?
>
> Why can't the PMC be responsible if the committers are the one the place the
> stuff (I see that all 'content' goes into CVS/SVN).

Perhaps some PMC members are happy to spend their time verifying job
listings, updating the site with new listings, and removing obsolete ones.
However, I strongly suspect that most of us have itches to scratch that we
consider more important or enjoyable than helping other folks to find new
jobs. ;-)

The original question that started this thread was about a mailing list,
and IMHO that is the best way to deal with this, if we want to deal with
it at all. Then it is up to the job hunter to verify the listings s/he
might be interested in. They, after all, have the motivation to do so.

--
Martin Cooper