www-community mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do we have a "jobs list"?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:19:21 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Setting it up is one thing, but maintaining it
> > and keeping oversight on fake entries, removing
> > old stuff, is the hard part.
>
> Couldn't it be delegated down to PMCs and its CVS/SVN repo and the
> 'system' aggregates or links the content centrally. In that way, each
> PMC can decide how it should be handled, such as 'committers only',
> 'after some validation' or 'on request'.

Would that make the PMCs responsible if something went haywire?
If so, yikes.

Even so, i cannot see that as sustainable. How would the PMCs
find the energy to verify that jobs were legitimate?

It might be community driven though.

I would prefer to see a top-level automated input/admin system,
with notices about no responsibility, caveat user, ...

Perhaps an automaton sends nag emails to each community mail
list user- dev- to remind them. There is a certain group of
trusted developers for each community which have admin rights.
Users can suggest non-relevance, expired, etc.

Would one of our issue trackers do this whole facility.

--
David Crossley