www-community mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Inexpensive Lists (was: Re: Python anybody?)
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:56:24 GMT

> Language-oriented TLPs have repeatedly demonstrated themselves to be poor
> overseers of code.  The 'balancing of the ASF' brings back horrors of the
> reorg@ list which was another of those misguided lists...  -- justin

If a general cross-project XML list is useful, why not one for languages?

    http://xml.apache.org/mail.html#general

I'm not trying to start chit-chat groups, nor (sorry) anything to do w/
using Python on Apache HTTPD. I work on Gump, it is written in Python, lots
of ASF folks are newbies (like me) to Python, and I thought we could pool
efforts via an ASF-focused python list.

Ok. I'm done. If the point isn't communicated (ad nausea) by now, so be it.

regards,

Adam