www-community mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Volunteers wanted: Linuxworld Expo booth
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 07:45:29 GMT
Dear Apache community,

The Apache Software Foundation has been offered a booth in the .org
Pavilion at the upcoming LinuxWorld Conference & Expo. We're looking
for volunteers to staff this booth during the three days of the Expo:

Tuesday August 03, 2004   10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday August 04, 2004 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday August 05, 2004  10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

So, if you are attending LinuxWorld, are in town that week or live in
the San Francisco Bay Area, please sign up by sending me e-mail with
your name, the Apache project(s) you are involved in and your preferred
two hour time slot (if any). I will probably (haven't completely
thought this through yet) assign time slots on a first come, first
served basis, so pick 10-12, 12-2, 2-4 or (on Tuesday or Wednesday) the
popular single hour slot at the end of the day.

I'm hoping for response from all the Apache projects and subprojects,
so we'll have a large range of people with different interests around
that conference attendees can come and talk to. So, if you in any way
can, please sign up.

* You'll be helping the Apache Community, which is a Good Karma thing
* You'll meet some of those people that you only hear from on mailing
lists
* You'll meet fellow coders and patchers
* You WILL meet users who are using your software in ways that you never
   imagined
* You can help educate the LinuxWorld crowd about how the Apache
Software
   Foundation and its projects work
* We'll probably end each day in the bar

Please sign up by this Friday, June 4. On Friday, we'll make a decision
based on volunteer response whether we accept the booth or not.

If you haven't already, you can register for a free-as-in-beer expo
pass (or the not-so-free conference packages) at
<http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/register>.

I'm hoping for massive response.

Thanks,

Sander