www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@asemantics.com>
Subject Re: CVS and Subversion
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:13:17 GMT

On Jun 14, 2004, at 6:02 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>
>> On Jun 11, 2004, at 2:20 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>> 1) Website needs to be in SVN, else we'll still need accounts for
>>> everyone
>>> who wants to modify their site annd do releases. Are the SVN based
>>> projects taking an approach that handles this? Will it?

>> In the company we right now use a small script, triggered by
>> the commmit - which syncs the website up everytime a
>> commit is made to the released branch/tag.

> curious, why not mod_proxy-it directly?

Cause it actually lives on another machine than the repo (with
an ocean in between). We tried this however for the toy site
wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/ (just 3.5Gb and
a few thousands commits sofar) and ran into too many puzzles;
like index.html; ensuring mod_perl did the right thing, etc. Though
I am sure it is possible.

Dw.