www-community mailing list archives

From Brian W. Fitzpatrick <f...@red-bean.com>
Subject Re: PRC [WAS Re: ASF Board Summary for June 23, 2004]
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:14:16 GMT

On Jun 28, 2004, at 3:25 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 27 Jun 2004, at 12:23, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> * The Board approved the formation of the Public Relations Committee
>>   (PRC). This new committee replaces the Fundraising Committee and
>> also
>>   rolls in the responsibility and management of our press activities,
>>   public relations, and management of our web sites. The intent is to
>>   present a coherent message to the press, our sponsors, and all
>>   interested parties. This new committee is chaired by Brian
>> Fitzpatrick.
>
> how's this going to work in practice (with regard to the websites)?
>
> does this mean that the right place to post patches for the federation
> website will change from infrastructure to PRC?

No (and I'm assuming that you mean "Foundation" when you say
"federation").

More than anything, it means that for the first time, someone is
responsible for oversight of the www.apache.org website.  That someone
is the PRC.

> what about the websites for projects and sub-projects: is there going
> to be any changes in the way that these are managed?

No. I don't see any changes in the day-to-day operation of *.apache.org
websites. But, for example, if the PRC were to spearhead a website
redesign for the ASF, then all project websites would be (eventually)
expected to conform to the new design.

-Fitz