www-community mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OASIS
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:38:02 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
>>>So, far, are there *ANY* volunteers?
>>
>>If we manage to sort out the infrastructure/logistics and all the other
>>points Dirk correctly raised, count me in.
>
> The volutneers wil be an active part of that - though we'll make sure that
> wee offer as much assistance as needed; and help to make sure that what
> lessons learned during earlier interactions with, say, the JCP process, is
> not lost.

The JCP process was, and remains, a time consuming activity.

Prior to establishing a formal relationship between Apache and the JCP,
there effectively were a number of ASF people who were participating as
"independents" in the JCP process.  And there was interest from the ASF
in formalizing this.

If we create a formal relationship with OASIS, I want to ensure that it
is sustainable.

- Sam Ruby