www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: OASIS
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:20:11 GMT

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> > I'll give this conversation a week or so to build up; and if not - will
> > send a polite msg to Oasis saying; thanks for the offer but not at this
> > time.
>
> I think you should also provide some list of 'benefits' for ASF to

Ok - personal benefits (without my ASF hat):

->	be able to give excelent feedback to the open
	standards processes, making them better, making
	the asf better and strengthening open standards and
	opensource in general.

->	prevent the creation of standards which while
	open cannot be realistically implemented or
	maintained in the open source world.

Dw