www-community mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: About party@
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:07:47 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Adrian Sutton wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've recently (ie: 2-3 days ago) been told that I'm heading off to Java One
> at the end of the week and thought it would be worth checking the party@ list
> to see what gatherings had been organized etc.  Two questions:
>
> 1. Is the party@ list closed?  My subscribe request got the confirm
> subscription email back but then nothing further (using my intencha.com
> address instead of my apache.org address).

David Reid is the moderator; it's quite possible he's been offline for a
stretch and simply forgot to ask for someone to cover him.  I'll fill in
for a bit.  I don't see a queue of pending subscription requests (though
there is a queue of pending messages to be approved), so please resend
your subscription request, and I'll catch it.

> 2. Are there archives anywhere?  I haven't been able to find any as yet
> though I suspect I might be able to use the party-request address to get at
> them if I can subscribe.

It's not archived, either inside ezmlm or on the web sites.  I believe
that's intentional, as its purpose is ephemeral anyways, but I don't know
for sure.

JavaOne should be fun.  Looks like I'll be on a general session panel
debating Open Source Java with Gosling and others.

 	Brian