www-community mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: CVS and Subversion
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:23:51 GMT
On Friday 11 June 2004 18:17, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On a positive note; do look at subversion; play with it - and note that
> its modern infrastructure and standard based protocols do allow for
> levels of integration previously hard to attain.

Another note that noone seems to consider, which I think is fairly important
(read annoying);

Subversion eats almost all CPU cycles on a 2.4 Linux Kernel, on updates and
commits. Often so much that even the mouse is no longer tracking, and always
making my entire desktop fairly unresponsive. And for Avalon that means
~1minute on my system (svn up)...

Cheers
Niclas

--