www-community mailing list archives

From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Europe???
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 06:32:26 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> David Reid wrote:
>
>>> Hi community
>>>
>>> There are several committers I know here in Europe who'd very much love
>>> an ApacheCon in our vicinity. I'm pretty sure we could even have a
>>> number of volunteers for a serious Apache event. Not just the occasional
>>> booth at some IT fair. I'm pretty sure we're coming out empty this year
>>> but hopefully next year?
>>

>> Why not just organise an ASF get together anyways? Doesn't have to be
>> associated with a conference does it?
>

> Would probably be cheaper as well. I guess a lot
> of us are more after the real life meetings than
> the sessions anyway.
>
> This sounds like a really good idea!
> What place would you propose?
>
> * Berlin
> * Frankfurt
> * London
> * Paris
> * Rom
> * Zürich
> * ...

For what it's worth I have pretty good contacts at the Tourist and
Congress Office of Paris and they have already provided a free
conference room last year for a Jetspeed Users meeting I organised.

So if Paris is considered for this get together, I can help finding
a venue at reasonable rates.

And of course, I'm definitely +1 on the idea :)

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java