www-community mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <anto...@apache.org>
Subject [HEADS-UP] Migrating to SVN, history files and old repos...
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 10:57:24 GMT
Hi:

Probably, the point below is clear to most of you, but I thought it is
important to share this experiences with the rest of us who have other
idea of how it can be managed. All of us is a key player to keep the ASF
safe. Please take your time an read below:

These days, many projects inside the ASF are migrating from CVS to
Subversion (SVN). One of the main question while doing that is that we
need to decide:

Should the history being moved to SVN or not?

Similar question we faced in Forrest project and after the discussion we
choosed to have avaliable the history for legal reasons. Here is why:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=11638

If you have other ideas of why not is a good idea, please let us know. I
think this issue must be a policy inside the ASF rather than let each
project decide what to do.

Please join the discussion. To reach a consensus.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo