www-community mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: ASF use spamassassin?
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:27:56 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> Surely we can tune SA to minimise false-positives, especially
>> since we have the experts themselves at Apache.
>
> Being an expert in pattern matching doesn't make you an expert in
> understanding what is spam or not for somebody.

AFAIK, if anti-spam expert existed, the SPAM problem will be solved years
ago and this is not the case. People is trying to find the anti-spam
solution. The progress in the area is good, but nobody found the right
solution. I personally think the one (or team) who will solve the
anti-spam problem will be part of the computer history for ever!

Sometime I found you very reluctant to some technologies. Please look
around and you will find that spamassassin is the best we can have right
now in anti-spam technology. This is not casuality that many companies are
building anti-spam product using spamassassin to stop spam around the
world. Currently, spamassassin is scaning millions of mail per day and is
sucessful in that:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CommercialProducts

And we (on the ASF) are discusing right not about if will be fine to eat
our own food. :-(

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.