www-community mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF use spamassassin?
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:25:59 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> David Crossley dijo:
> > I also made a bigger effort to use my apache.org address
> > for all Apache-related stuff.
>
> I almost never use my apache.org address and I am getting spam. ...

This is what i was intending to say. Not necessarily because of
my use of the apache.org address, but because of spam via address
harvesting and spoofing.

We need to focus on good filtering techniques and also try to
minimise our exposure, e.g. removing author tags from javadoc;
obfuscating web pages especially the who.html in each project.

> > Since then my only real source of spam is via apache.
> >
> > It all originates from stupid anti-virus software telling
> > me that my spoofed apache address had sent them bad stuff.

--David