www-community mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Apache should join the open source java discussion
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:18:08 GMT

Well, according to this, the 'discussion' is over:

http://news.osdir.com/article491.html

> I think the best thing that ASF community members can do for now,
> until the next news flareup, is in blogs, conversations etc, is
> point out how much the ASF does wrt 'open source java' - how this
> isn't a new idea and we're working hard to make it happen.

I'm not a user or participant in the Java community, so my perceptions
and impressions are those of an outsider.

What does the ASF do to promote "open source java", where "open source
java" is defined as the basic infrastructure necessary to run java
code on computers (jvm and libraries)?

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton