www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Planet may look a bit weird for a while
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:25:59 GMT

El lunes, 19 ener, 2004, a las 12:29 Europe/Madrid, Rodent of Unusual
Size escribió:

> Thom May wrote:
>>
>> Since we're working around the brokeness that is RSS 0.91; all feeds
>> with no times are being time guessed, which unfortunately means that
>> all their old posts are gonna turn up on top.
>> So, the way to fix this is to blog more!
>> Get to it!
>
> just a thought..
>
> right now, planetapache is set up in a strictly chronological order,
> like advogato.  what would people think about there being a view
> that showed entries grouped by author?  that is..  right now it lists
> things like
>
> thom #81
> sander #30
> benh #10
> thom #80
> thom #79
> ken #62
> benh #9
>
> would there be any interest in being able to click a button and have
> them
> listed as
>
> thom #81
> thom #80
> thom #79
> sander #30
> benh #10
> benh #9
> ken #62
>
> instead?

I'm jumping to the blogger home page to achieve this effect, so I don't
find it of particular value. But you know the standard user response:
"If it is not going to cost me more, of course!"

Another interesting possibility for the future is displaying common
categories, specially if there is strong commonality and people exports
the list of those. Bottom up ontology forming the apache way!!! (I
wonder what would benh blog on this idea)

Regards,
      Santiago (not blogging much until I can get a better setup and my
English blog up)