www-community mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: Who decides who is 'worthy' for Planet Apache?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:43:02 GMT
The PMC for planet voted (Thom and Ted) and decided to remove it ;-)

Planet is a community aggregator, not a project status aggregator.
Recall also, that planet isn't an apache project, it is Thom's pet
project. There was a big fuss about making sure it wasn't able to be
construed as official in any way shape or form (note the continued lack
of a feather, etc).

To extend the community focus for evaluating project health: Apache can
be considered to be made up of people, not projects. The people happen
to work on projects together and those projects form a focus for
communities. This runs counter to initial perceptions but is not a bad
way of viewing it.

-Brian